All computer users are familiar with computer viruses and have faced many. What this computer virus is? Let’s be clear about it. Virus is a small software program which can harm your CPU operation. Computer viruses have immense power to corrupt or delete data from your pc. The virus is mainly spread from one computer to another via internet. Computer viruses are also easily spread by attachments in e-mails. They can also be disguised as attachments of greeting cards, funny pictures and audio or video. Sometimes they are hidden in pirated software as well.
Do you want to know how to protect your computer against viruses? There are number of ways by which you can keep away viruses. Some of the practical tips are given below:
First activate the firewall on your computer. It is essential to maintain an updated operating system to know all the problems present there. Install antivirus software on the processor and update regularly. It is also suggested to install anti-spy ware software to detect all the harmful Trojans present in the net.
There are various symptoms with which you can understand that your computer is infected. But the most important thing is that, you can get this difficulty because of hardware or software problems as well. However, here is a list of some common symptoms:
- The computer is slower than usual.
- The workstation is crashed without notice.
- The machine is restarting itself.
- The PC is restarted to during startup.
- Applications on the computer are not working properly.
- CPU hard drives are inaccessible.
- Operating system is giving unusual error messages.
- The display of menus and dialog boxes distorted.
- You are unable to install an antivirus program.
- A program is not is not in the computer, even if you do not uninstall it.
Now, if your computer is infected with a virus, don’t worry! There are several ways to remove the bug and make your computer running smoothly.
Update the Operating System
- Update antivirus software and perform a thorough analysis of the mainframe.
- You can also download, install and run “Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool”.
- Sometimes viruses are so strong that even after performing the steps mentioned above, the problem persists.
You will also find that virus of your computer creates a hindrance in installing an antivirus or running a complete scanning. Formatting your hard disk is the sole solution. In these cases, consulting an expert will be a wise decision on your part.