Hope you know the importance of a motherboard! This device inside the cabinet is connected to all other devices such as CPU, monitor, CD/DVD drives, mouse and keyboard. Do you know that there are varieties of motherboards depending on the use and kind of CPU? So, you have to identify the proper motherboard. Don’t think this is an easy task. Take a quick look at the steps below to identify your motherboard easily.
- Start your PC
- You will find a BIOS initialization displayed on the screen
- Click the Pause key of the keyboard
- At the top left corner of the screen, you will find the small alpha numeric code.
- You can also find this alpha numeric code on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th line. The place of a numeric code depends on the combination of the BIOS.
- You should write the numeric code with care and note down if there are any dots present.
- Remember one thing that original Intel motherboards are all found with the format XX99999X.99X.9999.X99.
- The characters you find before the first dot represent the model number of the motherboard.
- If you fail to successfully identify the motherboard of your PC, search for the BIOS code. This will help the users to know the combination and model of any motherboard. This is proved in almost 90% of the cases.
Do you need solution for PC problems? Get in touch with computer repair service for tech support.A